Saturday, January 23, 2010

Featured Tool: QEP 7" Tile Saw

I just finished my seventh tile job with this tile saw, which I bought about five years ago for less than $100 (the cheapest one available at HD). I considered buying a tile snapper/cutter at the time, but was talked into getting a wet saw instead, and it was definitely worth the extra money. I know there are tile saws out there with better features (e.g. faster RPM's, larger blades, better guide systems, larger reservoirs), but for my DIY stuff this saw works quite well.

Here is a quick run down of the evolution of the tile work I've completed with this saw:

  1. House in Dallas - Guest bathroom shower wall patch job
  2. House in Dallas - Master bathroom floor
  3. House in Dallas - Study bathroom floor and shower
  4. Meredith's Parents' House - Upstairs bathroom floor (no pics)
  5. Our House - Bathroom floor and wall (angle grinder was used for circular cuts)
  6. Our House - Kitchen floor
  7. Our House - Front hall and fireplace hearth (pics coming soon)

We have about four tile jobs left (fireplace wall, kitchen backsplash, basement bathroom, basement laundry/furnace room), so we'll see if this saw can last just a little while longer.

Followers