Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My long lost friend, My Bike

This summer I have discovered my long, lost friend, my bike. For years it has been packed away in our limited storage waiting to make a reappearance in our lives. This is the year!



By bringing our bikes up from the basement, we now have easy access to them. Making it a lot easier to go for a ride on a whim. In fact we have gotten quite into it, attempting to go for a longish ride each weekend. I forgot how much I enjoyed cycling. I do prefer to stay to trails and away from car traffic (I'm a wimp when it comes to that). Luckily for us, just down the street we can access the Martin Goodman trail and explore in all different directinns.


On the Martin Goodman trail, we have easy access to The Beach and Ashbridges Bay, Tommy Thompson Park, Cherry Beach, Don Valley trails and access to the downtown waterfront and Toronto Island. I'm amazed at how much country scenery can be found here in the city. In the hot days this summer it has be great to take off on the bike for a cool breeze. You just have to get out there and experience it for yourself.

Coxwell and Lakeshore skate park

The Don River near Don Mills

Don River at Lakeshore

Ashbridges Bay

Ashbridges Bay

Ashbridges Bay

Ashbridges Bay

Ashbridges Bay

The Beach


The Beach

Tommy Thompson Park

Tommy Thompson Park

Followers